10 Things You Should Stop Doing
Life is short, you must always remember that. As we grow older, we should learn to appreciate the finer things in life instead of focusing on things that will only hold us back. Here is a list of 10 things that the majority of the people will do at least once in their life, but shouldn’t.
1. Hanging out with the wrong people – They say you are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. Hanging out with the wrong people could really hold you back in achieving your goals. Negative energy always decreases motivation so choose carefully!
2. Avoiding your problems – Anyone can easily run away from their problems. Facing problems and working through them is what makes you stronger. Nobody said it was going to be easy, but by running away from your problems, you’ll only dig yourself a much bigger hole to fall into. You live and you learn, what more do you want me to say?
3. Lying to yourself – You can lie to everyone around you but you can’t lie to yourself. You will feel a lot better if you are honest with the decisions you make in life. Be yourself, as you are the only one that knows the real you.
4. Trying to become someone your not – Let’s face it, everyone strives to be like that rich, smart, and successful friend. However, you are most likely forgetting the strengths you have over everyone else. Everyone is different and that’s what makes this world interesting.
5. Being jealous of others – Why do you need to be jealous? I’m almost certain there is one thing you can do better than everyone else. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. Just remember, in order for someone to believe in your capabilities, you must prove it.
6. Blaming others for your own problems – Don’t point fingers just because things are not going as planned. Obstacles are put in our way to see if we really wanted to reach our goals or if we just thought we did. You can only learn from your own problems when you admit that it’s your own problem.
7. Focusing on what you don’t want to happen – Stop being scared of every little decision you make. If you start focusing on the things you want to happen, I can guarantee you that you will achieve much more.
8. Holding onto the past – Without making mistakes, you won’t become who are you today. What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger right? Stop blaming yourself for wrong decisions you have made in the past. Like M said in the James Bond movie; “Regret is not professional”.
9. Holding grudges – Lets pretend life is short enough that you should try to live a happy life instead of holding grudges from everyone that ever pissed you off. Oh wait life is short…
10. Complaining about life – If you think life is totally unfair to you, please slap yourself across the face right now. You are lucky enough to have Internet in order to read this post. The next time you think something is missing from your life, try thinking what others don’t have to begin with.