7 Best George Eastman Quotes For Entrepreneurs
For those who do not know, George Eastman is the founder of Kodak, a leader in delivering imaging innovations that is recognized around the world. Although Kodak filed for bankruptcy in 2012, it will continue to remain as a legend in the photography world. He was a high school dropout and was often judged as not academically gifted. At a young age, he was poor but was able to support his widowed mother and two sisters, one of whom was severely handicapped. George Eastman and his ability to overcome financial adversity, his gift for organization and management, and his lively mindset made him a successful entrepreneur by his mid-twenties which led him to run Eastman Kodak Company to the top of the world.
Below are 7 George Eastman quotes in hope to inspire those with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- “Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography.”
- “What we do during our working hours determines what we have; what we do in our leisure hours determines what we are.”
- “My work is done why wait.”
- “You push the button, we do the rest.”
- “If a man has wealth, he has to make a choice, because there is the money heaping up. He can keep it together in a bunch, and then leave it for others to administer after he is dead. Or he can get it into action and have fun, while he is still alive. I prefer getting it into action and adapting it to human needs, and making the plan work.”
- “I used to think that music was like lace upon a garment, nice to have but not necessary. I have come to believe that music is absolutely essential to our community life.”
- “I don’t believe in men waiting until they are ready to die before using any of their money for helpful purposes.”